All WRIT 300 syllabi must include the common Learning Objectives as they appear below:
- Identify, define and develop a focused research topic.
- Conduct library, academic database, and Internet research and evaluate sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to summarize, paraphrase, and quote, as appropriate.
- Synthesize material from multiple sources.
- Document using MLA or APA format, both in-text and in a Works Cited or References list.
- Demonstrate an ability to revise written work through drafting and staged assignments.
*It is recommended that these LOs be discussed and explained throughout the semester, particularly as students draft and revise formal writing assignments.