Tools for Bibliography
- AAA Style Guide (American Anthropological Association)
- AIP Style Manual (American Institute of Physics)
- Citation Builder
- Citation Machine
- Crossref DOI lookup (Hint: Use the option to "Search on article title," enter the author's last name, and enter the full title [but not any sub-title])
- EasyBib Bibliography Generator (Use for MLA citations only)
- EndNote Basic (access from home after creating account while on campus)
- ILA Style Guide (International Leadership Association)
- KnightCite Citation Service
- NoodleTools Express
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- RefWorks (access from home after creating account while on campus)
Access by IP address/library barcode:
= Click a yellow box to access a database while on campus (or by IP address).
= Click a green house to access a database remotely (off campus). You will be prompted to enter your Library ID barcode number. You can also access the databases after first logging into the York VPN. See this page for troubleshooting off-campus access.
= These databases are free and open to the public.
= Search for a journal and see which database contains it as full text.
Remote access by VPN
For Remote Access, you can also log into York VPN:
After logging into VPN once, you can then access all of the reference databases from off-campus by clicking on their yellow links. (Call the I.T. Help Desk, x5311, for VPN account info).