Tools for Bibliography
- AAA Style Guide (American Anthropological Association)
- AIP Style Manual (American Institute of Physics)
- Citation Builder
- Citation Machine
- Crossref DOI lookup (Hint: Use the option to "Search on article title," enter the author's last name, and enter the full title [but not any sub-title])
- EasyBib Bibliography Generator (Use for MLA citations only)
- EndNote Basic (access from home after creating account while on campus)
- ILA Style Guide (International Leadership Association)
- KnightCite Citation Service
- NoodleTools Express
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- RefWorks (access from home after creating account while on campus)
Access by IP address/library barcode:
= Click a yellow box to access a database while on campus (or by IP address).
= Click a greenhouse to access a database remotely (off-campus). You will be prompted to enter your Library ID barcode number. You can also access the databases after first logging into the York VPN. See this page for troubleshooting off-campus access.
= These databases are free and open to the public.
= Search for a journal and see which database contains it as full text or where it is indexed.
Remote access by VPN
For Remote Access, you can also log into York VPN:
After logging into VPN once, you can then access all of the reference databases from off-campus by clicking on their yellow links. (Call Academic Computing Help Desk, x5311, for VPN account info).