Tools for Bibliography
- AAA Style Guide (American Anthropological Association)
- AIP Style Manual (American Institute of Physics)
- Citation Builder
- Crossref DOI lookup
- EndNote Basic
- ILA Style Guide (International Leadership Association)
- KnightCite Citation Service
- NoodleTools Express
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- RefWorks (Create account on campus first, then you can log in anywhere)
Access by IP address or library barcode:
To use licensed e-resources (e.g. e-journals such as New England Journal of Medicine, or databases such as JSTOR) you need to be identified as a York College Library affiliate. You do this by making sure your computer is part of the York network. This is easy when you are on campus—just connect to the York wireless network on your laptop, or use any desktop computer on campus. For off-campus access, you may need to use your York Library barcode to log in to some databases. Your barcode must be active in the CUNY library system. To activate your barcode, visit the library's circulation desk every semester.
Off-Campus Access by VPN:
The York Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an alternative way to access resources off-campus. If your library barcode is not working, you can use the VPN to put your laptop or desktop computer on the York network. You will need to download and install the VPN client software on your computer.
Call the I.T. Help Desk at 718-262-5311 for VPN troubleshooting.