- Select Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure(VPN) as the connection Type.
- Enter "York College-CUNY VPN" for the connection Name.
- Enter https://vpn.york.cuny.edu for the Server URL
- Click Add (This adds this new connection permanently to the Pulse Secure Application).
- Click Connect, and enter your YorkID and password into the form, clicking Connect again.
VPN: Secure Remote Access
Open a ticket with the Service DeskMembers of the College community must use VPN software to connect to the campus network from off-campus. This software, called Pulse Secure, must be downloaded to your computer, installed and configured. To connect using the full VPN client, download it below, install and configure it as directed to your platform/OS.
In order to configure the VPN client for devices, you must be a registered user of York College IT facilities (YorkID used for computer sign on, email, printing, library etc).
If you are unsure of your ID, password, or status please contact the Support Desk at x5300, on campus, or visit self-service mypassword.
Part I: Desktop Computer/Laptop etc
Download Pulse Secure for Windows, Mac OS X, & Linux Platforms.
- Please use the following instructions to configure your new VPN client.
- Download the installer-package that is appropriate for your operating system (OS) and architecture (x32 or x64) from the table below:
|Latest Version OS||Pulse Secure Client Software|
Windows 8+ / 10 32-bit
|Pulse-Windows 32-bit installer v.9.0R3 (1599)|
Windows 8+ / 10 64-bit only
|Pulse-Windows 64-bit installer v.9.0R3 (1599)|
|Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite+)||
OS X installer .dmg v.9.0R3 (1599)
|Ubuntu/Debian Distros 64-bit only||
Pulse Debian Package v.9.0R3 (1599)
|RPM for Redhat Distros 64-bit only||
Pulse RPM File v.9.0R3 (1599)
Installing Pulse Secure.
- Note: installation will require administrator privileges. Open a ticket with the Service Desk if you are unsure/unable to install.
- Windows - download your architecture's .msi file (32 or 64bit), 2x click the .msi file and run the installer.
- OS X - download DMG file and mount it, 2x click the PulseSecure.pkg file to run the installer.
- Ubuntu/Debian - download .deb file - use your CLI/terminal to issue the command - sudo dpkg -i path_to_deb_file
- RHEL distros - download .rpm file - use your CLI/terminal to issue the command - rpm -i path_to_rpm_file
- Once installed you should be able to launch your now-installed application, Pulse Secure.
Part II: Configuring Pulse Secure Client Software
Click the '+' button to add a new connection.
Part III: Configuring Mobile Devices
Installing Pulse Secure Client for iOS
Pulse Secure is available for iOS from the App Store. You can search for it, or go directly to Pulse Secure on the App Store in Safari on your iOS device to install it.
Configuring Pulse Secure Client for iOS
The first time you open Pulse Secure, follow the instructions on the screen.
It may ask you to enable the app, to accept a license agreement, or to uninstall Junos Pulse (an older VPN client that no longer works at York College).
"York College-CUNY VPN-Mobile"for the connection Name.
https://vpn.york.cuny.edufor the Server URL
- Enter your
YorkIDusername (usually first initial and last name).
- Enter your
Rolecan be left blank.
- Tap Save to add this configuration to your device.
Install and Configure Pulse Secure Client for Android
Android devices must be running version 2.0 (Eclair) or later to connect to York College's SSL VPN.
To check which version of Android is running on your device, go to, and then select or . The operating system version will be located under "Android version". (Ignore "Kernel version"; although the number will look similar, the operating system version is not identical to the kernel version).
- Open the store.
- In the search bar, enter
pulse secureLook for the green, white, and black Pulse Secure logo.
- Select Pulse Secure.
Special Info For Android Users:
The Pulse Secure app is the required client for connecting to York's SSL VPN. However, depending on the manufacturer and or carrier of your device, you may need to use an earlier version called Junos Pulse:
- If you have a Samsung smartphone, you may need to search for and install .
- If you have a Galaxy Tab, you may need to search for and install .
- Start the application and accept the End User License Agreement.
, and then:
- For "Connection name", enter
York College-CUNY VPN-Mobile.
- For "URL", enter
- For "Username", enter your
- Make sure "Authentication Type" is set to .
- For "Realm" enter
- Leave "Role" field blank.
- For "Connection name", enter
- Tap .
- Exit fully out of the app.