The Service Delivery Unit is the IT technology fulfillment center. We support technology end-user computing incidents, requests, and inquiries for the entire York campus community of students, faculty, and staff. Our Call Center Command Bridge located on the second floor of the Academic Core building is responsible for handling all inbound calls to our technology line on ext. 5311 including all technician field support dispatch and assignments for the support of classrooms with technology, labs and the Library. We are here to help you with all your end-user computing technology needs including front-end telecom services like desk phones, voice mail, and phone directory administration. Our walk-up assistance IT Service Desk located in the Library on the 3rd-floor room 3G01 is the main location for face to face support and assistance with access issues. Review all the content on this website for information of many of our services and how to get them including YConnect student support services and technology-equipped classrooms that enable and foster effective and engaging teaching and learning which we accomplish by partnering with other departments like CTLET.
The mission of the York College IT Service Delivery Unit is to provide exceptional customer service in handling end user computing service requests, information inquiries, systems use assistance, troubleshooting, problem escalation and resolution, and client advocacy.
- Provide professional customer service experience and client satisfaction in all cases
- Identify and recommend operational improvements to enhance the client end-user computing experience in accessing support services and improve time to resolution
- Identify areas of recurring problems for corrective action and problem avoidance
- Escalate problems appropriately to minimize time to resolution
- Advocate on behalf of end-user computing clients for improvements to systems, services, and procedures that will enhance the College's end-user computing technology.