- Provide secure, reliable and high quality converged voice services.
- Improve cloud-based application security
- Improve endpoint security
- Improve network support-ability and reliability by upgrading/removing unsupported network switches with new state-of-art equipment.
- Improve IT Infrastructure capacity management and forecasting.
- Improve computing and storage management
- Upgrade messaging system (from Exchange 2010 to the latest version)
- Provide high availability and resiliency in Disaster Recovery strategy by improving and expanding Data Center.
All office and lab computers on campus are connected to the network, thus providing a seamless sharing of the college computer network and Internet resources. About 2500 network connections have been installed, in addition to wireless connectivity. The Network is based on a switched Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet backbone. A high-speed fiber ring connects the York College Network to the UCC (University Computer Center), thereby providing high-speed access to the Internet and all other CUNY campuses including UCC.