Skip to Main Content

Retroactive Withdrawal Petition

Instructions to Upload Retroactive Withdrawal Petition onto our Secure Portal.

General Retroactive Withdrawal Information

  • Student who received a grade in the class (ex: F, C, D, etc.) cannot file a Retroactive Withdrawal petition.
  • Students can only petition a Retroactive Withdrawal on an “ FIN” or a “ WU” grade.
  • It is important that you complete the entire petition (Petition Form AND PINK CARD) as well as submit all required documentation onto the OSAS Secure Portal.
  • Your petition will not be reviewed if any steps are omitted when submitting your petition to the portal.
  • To complete the Retroactive Withdrawal petition process, you are going to need to complete a series of steps required by the Committee on Academic Policy and Standards (CAPS). 

Retroactive Withdrawal Process

  1. To submit a Retroactive Withdrawal, please download and fill out the Retroactive Withdrawal petition AND the Retroactive Withdrawal Card completely. (Please note, if you fill out one without the other, the petition will not be reviewed until BOTH are completed.) You can download the petition and the card by clicking on the hyperlinks at the bottom of this web page.
  2. All students seeking retroactive withdrawal must submit a typed personal statement that explains: the semester and class(es) you wish to retroactively withdraw from, if you are withdrawing from all of your classes, if not all - why only the selected class(es), the extenuating circumstance that prevented you from completing your class(es)
  3. Students must also submit supporting documentation. Documentation may include but is not limited to; medical documents, marriage license, death certificate, birth certificate, COVID-19 test results, court documents, police reports, etc.
  4. All students must submit a letter of last date of attendance on York letter head for each class they wish to withdraw from. (To obtain a copy of the last date of attendance students must reach out to the course instructor or department.)
  5. Navigate to the yellow secure form upload tab on the left side of the OSAS webpage. Upload your completed (every line must be filled out) Retroactive Withdrawal petition and Retroactive Withdrawal card, typed personal statement, last date of attendance on letter head, photo ID, as well as any supporting documentation to the OSAS Secure Portal.


  • No petitions will be reviewed by the CAPS Committee if the petition is submitted by email
  • To submit documents onto the secure portal, please use your York College email and York College email password.
  • If you do not have access to your York College credentials, you can create a temporary account by clicking on the "Register" button within the secure portal.
  • If you are having trouble creating, or logging into your account, please contact the York College Help Desk at

Retroactive Withdrawal Card 


Retroactive Withdrawal Form