Retroactive Withdrawal Petition
To complete the retroactive withdrawal process, you are going to need to complete a series of steps required by the Committee on Academic Policy and Standards. Please follow the detailed instructions below. It is important that you complete the entire petition as well as submit all required documentation onto the secure portal. Your petition will not be reviewed if any steps are omitted onto the Portal.
- Please download and fill out the retroactive withdrawal petition AND the retroactive withdrawal card completely. You can download the petition and the card by clicking on the titled hyperlinks which can be seen at the bottom of this web page.
- All students seeking retroactive withdrawal must submit a typed personal statement and supporting documentation that explains a) the reasons for wanting to complete a retroactive withdrawal, b) plans for improved academic performance, c) any activities you have engaged in that would indicate a probability for future academic success. In addition, all students must submit the last date of attendance for each class they wish to withdraw on York College Letter Head. To obtain a copy of the last date o
- Navigate to the yellow secure form upload tab on the left side of the OSAS website. Upload your completed (every line must be filled out) retroactive withdrawal petition, typed personal statement, last date of attendance on letter head, as well as any supporting documentation onto the secure portal.
In order to submit documents onto the secure portal, please use your York College email and password. If you do not have access to your York College credentials, you can create a temporary password and username by clicking on the blue hyperlink titled “Need an account? Sign up here” within the secure portal.
- Please do not send any petitions, personal statements, or supporting documentation to the department email.
- All readmission, typed personal statement as well as any supporting documentation for the Fall 2020 semester must be uploaded onto the secure portal before August 11, 2020