Section Home

Other CAPS petitions

Other types of Committee on Academic Policy and Standards (CAPS) petitions

Please see the descriptions of other types of CAPS petitions below that would best describe your academic circumstance.

When choosing an 'Other' CAPS petition, most often, student are seeking to divert from college policies (within reason). Therefore, students file an 'Other' CAPS petition, and check off one of the boxes listed on the petition, indicating which policy, practice or procedure they are looking to petition.

General Process

On the 'Other' CAPS petition, there are five options for a student to choose from; Grade Change, INC Extension, Waiver, Follow Old Gen Ed., Other.

Grade Change

Extension of INC

Waiver of Major Residency Requirements

Follow Old Gen Ed. /Major/ Curriculum