A Grade Change petition may only be submitted by the student to the CAPS Committee After the Professor/Dept. Chair has submitted the Grade Change to the Registrar's Office.
Once the Registrar's Office has received the Grade Change from the Professor/Dept. Chair, the Registrar's Office will reach out to the student notifying them to file a Grade Change petition with the CAPS Committee.
What you need...
- 'Other' petition application which can be found at the bottom of this webpage labeled 'Other Petition Application'. Download the petition application and fill it out completely.
- A typed personal statement/letter of your request explaining the extenuating circumstance as to why the grade was submitted after the deadline- please mention the semester and the class
- Provide any supporting documents you feel would support your claim (ex: Doctor’s note, Counselor's note, email correspondence, etc.)
- A copy of the unofficial CUNYfirst transcript
- A letter from Professor/Dept. Chair stated they support the grade change after the deadline. Include the class, semester, and what letter grade they have submitted to Registrar.
- Navigate to the yellow Secure Form Upload tab on the left side of the OSAS website and submit to the OSAS Secure Portal
- For the Grade Change petition type select "other" petition on the secure portal.
- Please review all documents you have submitted for accuracy in uploading.
- Please do not send any petitions, personal statements, or supporting documentation to the OSAS department email. All documents must be uploaded to the secure portal.