Appeal of Denial
- The Appeal of Denial process is a lot like the Readmission/Appeal of Dismissal process
- It differs from the Readmission/Appeal of Dismissal process in that the Committee asks you to thoroughly explain your plan of action in your personal statement
- If readmitted to York, how will you get your GPA above 2.0 and how do you plan to keep your GPA above 2.0?
- There is no guarantee that your Appeal of Denial petition will be approved by the Committee.
- The next Appeal of Denial meeting will take place April, 2023. However, we do encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- If you are approved, you will be readmitted to the college for the FALL 2023 semester.
- Please download and complete the Appeal of Denial Petition. You may download the petition labeled “Appeal of Denial” at the bottom of this page.
- All students seeking an Appeal of Denial must submit a typed personal statement that explains: any extenuating circumstances that caused their GPA to fall below a 2.0, any activities they have engaged in that would indicate a probability for future academic success, including a plan of action on how you will be successful if allowed readmission to York College. – tutoring, workshops, etc.
- Also, students MUST SUBMIT supporting documentation that supports the reasons for their past academic difficulties (ex; medical documents, birth certificates, death certificates, military documents, court documents, police records, letters from your employer, letters from your health care provider, etc.)
- Navigate to the yellow Secure Form Upload tab on the left side of this webpage. Upload the completed Appeal of Denial petition form, a typed personal statement, photo ID, as well as any supporting documentation onto the secure portal.
- Please review all documents you have submitted for accuracy in uploading.
- No petitions will be reviewed by the CAPS Committee if the petition is submitted by email
- To submit documents onto the secure portal, please use your York College email and York College email password.
- If you do not have access to your York College credentials, you can create a temporary account by clicking on the "Register" button within the secure portal.
- If you are having trouble creating or logging into your account, please contact the York College Help Desk at email@example.com