Teacher Education students must be fingerprinted and be “Eligible” according to the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) background check before starting to conduct Fieldwork.
Students must follow the following steps:
- Complete field module which is on BlackBoard
- Complete and submit the fingerprinting application to Ramaina Prashad, or bring it to Room 1D12.
- Check the email address you provided on the fingerprinting application, for correspondence from NYCDOE Personnel Eligibility Tracking System ( PETS) with further instructions.
Candidates, who have received a nomination and require fingerprinting will need to register and be fingerprinted with IdentoGO. Please log in to Applicant Gateway to review your Fingerprint Instructions that will contain the Service Code required to register.
To schedule a fingerprinting appointment with IdentoGo, follow these steps:
1. Log into the Applicant Gateway system using your email address and password.
2. Once you are logged in, you will be on the home screen.
3. Click on the "Status" link to view your forms. This will bring you to a Nomination Status screen.
4. Click on the "Application Forms" link under "Processing".
5. A screen will pop up with a display of all Applicant Gateway forms and their current statuses.
6. Click on the "Fingerprint Instructions Form" to access the steps and service code required to schedule your fingerprinting appointment with IdentoGO.
Questions concerning fingerprints should be sent to the HRC Service Center by emailing HRCServiceCenter@schools.nyc.gov
Once the college receives the notification of your eligibility you may begin conducting your fieldwork in NYCDOE schools.