Teacher Education students must be fingerprinted and be “Eligible” according to the New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) background check prior to doing Fieldwork.
Students must follow the following steps:
- Complete field module: The link is on BlackBoard
- Complete and submit fingerprinting application: Applications are obtained and submitted to Regina Misir in Room 1D12.
- Check the Email address you provided on the fingerprinting application, for an email from NYCDOE Personnel Eligibility Tracking System ( PETS) with further instructions.
The cost for fingerprinting at the HR-Connect Walk-In Center is $135.
Acceptable forms of payment are:
- Money orders (payable to NYCDOE/DHR).
- Personal checks (payable to NYCDOE/DHR).
- Credit card or debit card with a logo.
Note: You may not be required to provide the fee if you are on full public assistance.
A valid government-issued photo ID is needed for fingerprinting (U.S. passport, state driver's license, etc.)
Once the college receives the notification of your eligibility you are cleared to conduct your fieldwork in NYC schools.