Zoom Faculty Workshops (Fall 2022)
New to Zoom? Want to learn how to engage students while using Zoom?
Join our Zoom Faculty Workshop Sessions starting on August 18, 2022!
Accessing CUNY Zoom
On your web browser, go to https://cuny.zoom.us and log in with your CUNY Login credentials: username: firstname.last nameXX@login.cuny.edu
Zoom General Settings that are valid for all Zoom meetings
- CUNY Zoom security protocol
- Zoom meeting background images guidelines
If you want to use a background image in your Zoom meetings, follow the guidelines in the above linked article to eliminate the jiggling of your video, which may cause issues for some students. Otherwise, we recommend not using background images.
- Using live transcription in Zoom
- Recommended Zoom meeting setting (video)
Schedule and conduct Zoom Meetings
- Scheduling a meeting
- Communicating your meeting information to students
- Starting a Zoom meeting
- Waiting Room - admitting attendees one at a time or all at once to your meeting room
- Conducting a meeting with various meeting controls
- Sharing whiteboard in a meeting
- Using auto-generated live transcript/closed captioning
- In-meeting security features
Note: regarding the security button described in the above linked video, in our version of Zoom meetings, the Remove and Report links are located on the Participants panel.
- Recording a meeting on a local computer or to cloud
- Recording a Zoom meeting
- Finding meeting recordings
- Sharing Zoom recording links in your Bb course
- Enabling polling
- Creating a poll and conducting polling
- Advanced polling and quizzing for meetings
- Accessing and downloading polling results
- Enabling breakout rooms
- Managing breakout rooms during the meeting (e.g. assign students to breakout rooms, or ask students to choose their rooms.)
- Pre-assigning students to breakout rooms when scheduling meetings (Note:
- You need to log in to your CUNY Zoom account on a web browser to schedule your meetings to pre-assign students to breakout rooms.
- In CUNY's Zoom, the email is the CUNY Login username, e.g. email@example.com. Check out this tutorial on how to compose the CUNY Login usernames for your students.
- Tell your students to join your meeting by logging into their CUNY Zoom accounts.)