Using automatic closed captioning in live Zoom meetings
- Log in to your CUNY Zoom account with your CUNY Login credentials.
- Click Settings on the left menu.
- Scroll down to the section "In Meeting (Advance)." Turn the "Closed captioning" and "Save captions" on.
- In your Zoom meeting session, at the bottom, click "CC/Live transcript."
- On the pop-up box, click "Enable Auto-Transcription." Now your meeting participants/students will see the "CC/Live transcript" button appears on their Zoom meeting screen.
- Tell the participants in your meeting that they can click the "CC/Live transcript" button on their Zoom meeting screen to see the closed captioning.
- You can save the transcript of your session by clicking "CC/Live Transcript" > "View Full Transcript." The transcript will appear on a panel on the right. Click "Save Transcript" at the bottom to save the transcript up to this point.
- The live "CC/Transcript" feature is not working in breakout rooms.
- The closed captioning/transcript is not included in the recording. You will need to post the transcript for students who need it.