The mission of the Division of Administrative Affairs is to ensure the effective governance of York College’s financial, human, and facility resources. We create and maintain an environment that promotes excellence in teaching, learning, research, and support services by developing, coordinating and implementing high-quality services with benefits for all stakeholders.
- Develop and demonstrate efficient and effective stewardship of financial and facility resources consistent with institutional protocols.
- Build effective relationships and partnerships with York College’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment that encourages high quality teaching and learning.
- Support personnel policies, procedures, and practices that: create and maintain a highly qualified, professional, diverse, and responsive workforce; foster human resource development; encourage effective allocation of York College’s resources; and ensures compliance with City University of New York, Federal, State, rules and regulations.
- Ensure access to educational opportunities for all students and meet the individual needs of students with diverse backgrounds.
- Support the cultivation and appreciation of the performing and visual arts and the availability of event planning services for York College’s stakeholders.
- Provide support for a robust and secure information technology infrastructure that maximizes the effective use of information technology and meets the needs of the College’s diverse stakeholders.
- Enhance operations, service, and efficiency by creating a supportive and collaborative environment that encourages communication and initiative.
Message from the Chief Operating Officer
The areas that report to the Chief Operating Officer encompass all functions that enable the college to assist every facet of the academic program and student development.
The responsibilities of the many offices under the Chief Operating Officer enable York to operate efficiently and effectively. They relate to the College’s internal interactions as well as the interface with the broader local, university and overall communities.
The thread that ties together all these disparate areas is a commitment to creating an overall climate that ensures a positive, enjoyable and productive experience for students, faculty, staff and college visitors. The service orientation of all offices is not only stressed but is constantly being assessed in light of changing realities, needs, and views of the York College constituency. We are most proud of our efforts to make the physical nature of the campus environment more user-friendly; and to spread state-of-the-art, accessible technology throughout the institution.
We appreciate any and all feedback. Our service orientation is not a slogan but a guiding and fundamental principle.
Ronald C. Thomas
Chief Operating Officer
Office of Vice President Administration/ Finance/ Chief Operating Office
Reporting department are as the following
- Continuing Education and Professional Center
- York College Learning Center
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Building and Grounds
- Custodial Services
- Environment Health and Safety
- Facilities Planning Office
- Performing Arts Center
- Special Events Office