The Division of Administrative Affairs facilitates the effective governance of York College’s financial, human, and capital resources, ensuring the College’s financial stability and organizational viability.
- Develop and demonstrate efficient and effective stewardship of financial and capital resources consistent with institutional protocols.
- Build strategic internal and external relationships to generate revenue.
- Support personnel policies, procedures, and practices which: create and maintain a highly qualified, professional, diverse, and responsive workforce; foster human resource development; encourage effective allocation of York College’s resources; and ensures compliance with City University of New York, Federal, State, and City rules and regulations
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment that encourages high-quality teaching and learning.
- Support personnel policies, procedures, and practices which: create and maintain a highly qualified, professional, diverse, and responsive workforce; foster human resource development; encourage effective allocation of York College’s resources; and ensures compliance with the City University of New York, Federal, State, rules and regulations.
- Ensure access to educational opportunities for all students and meet their individual needs.
Message from the Chief Operating Officer
The areas that report to the Chief Operating Officer encompass all functions that enable the college to assist every facet of the academic program and student development.
The responsibilities of the many offices under the Chief Operating Officer enable York to operate efficiently and effectively. They relate to the College’s internal interactions as well as the interface with the broader local, university and overall communities.
The thread that ties together all these disparate areas is a commitment to creating an overall climate that ensures a positive, enjoyable and productive experience for students, faculty, staff and college visitors. The service orientation of all offices is not only stressed but is constantly being assessed in light of changing realities, needs, and views of the York College constituency. We are most proud of our efforts to make the physical nature of the campus environment more user-friendly; and to spread state-of-the-art, accessible technology throughout the institution.
We appreciate any and all feedback. Our service orientation is not a slogan but a guiding and fundamental principle.
Ronald C. Thomas
Chief Operating Officer
Office of Vice President Administration/ Finance/ Chief Operating Office
Reporting department are as the following
- Continuing Education and Professional Center
- York College Learning Center
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Building and Grounds
- Custodial Services
- Environment Health and Safety
- Facilities Planning Office
- Performing Arts Center
- Special Events Office