The Office of Planning and Budget efficiently and effectively plans and manages the budgetary resources of York College to optimize resource utilization in support of instruction, research and student development activities. We serve our constituents through the Budget Office, Bursar Office, Business Office, and Purchasing.
- Provide accurate, timely, and reliable financial information to support optimal decision making.
- Develop and oversee the execution of a comprehensive financial strategy for the College.
- Maximize return on investment and expand revenue sources.
- Support and guide the efforts for an improved customer service experience across all Financial Planning and Budget Units.
Presently, on this site, you will find the following information
- Information for running queries in the CUNYfirst system for obtaining both budget and expenditure information on your department or program
- Chatfield tables
- Budget transfer form (Online)
- Budget transfer form (PDF)
- Authorization to Fill a Vacancy
- Budget Submission Process
- Budget Submission Template
- FY2017-2018 University Budget Office Allocation Schedule
- Other information as it becomes available
Our Mission is to
- Provide customers with a framework for estimating the cost of day-to-day operations and new initiatives.
- Maintain a spending and revenue plan that supplies appropriate resources for the academic and operational goals of the University while providing flexibility for new needs and changes in external conditions.
- Report actual results during the year, assign specific accountability for each target, and re-forecast actual results on a periodic basis.
- Assist Vice President's and Director's in evaluating original budget plans, alternative scenarios, and quantify these results in standard budget formats.
- Seek efficiencies in operations and opportunities for resource enhancement.
- Monitor actual results on a regular basis and update forecasts accordingly. Present and quantify various scenarios for response to variance from budget.