NYC Men Teach
Diverse cultures, perspectives, and realities are the backbone of our great City and inform every aspect of our daily lives. Yet, far too many young men of color will never see someone who looks like them at the chalkboard. If we are going to be serious about addressing inequity, diverse teachers must be a part of the overall strategy. York College has partnered with the Young Men's Initiative, to unite Black, Latino and Asian men committed to educating today's diverse student population; supporting each other's professional and leadership development, and empowering the communities they serve.
Join NYC Men Teach
Become a teacher and an innovator in the pursuit of a more equitable city:
- Educate the next generation of leaders.
- Engage in culturally responsive classroom teaching in diverse communities.
- Empower New York youth to embrace their value as students and as citizens.
- Ensure your success by gaining access to the strong network and support structures.
- Expand the possibilities with financial incentives, internships, mentoring.
Program Director, NYC Men Teach
Department of Teacher Education
Room AC-1D12 | 718-262-2427