Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The office of Research and Sponsored Programs serves to ensure that faculty and staff have the tools they need to continue to their scholarship. All sponsored research awards are prepared and monitored in accordance with all applicable Federal and State regulations; OMB Circular A21 and College and University policies and procedures.
Applications and Proposals
Policies and Procedures of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs for Submitting Applications and Proposals
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) is the only office designated to submit grant proposals to funding sources on behalf of York College, the City University of New York. As such, the goal of the office is to ensure all research and sponsored programs proposals are prepared and monitored in accordance with all applicable Federal and State regulations. In order to do this effectively and efficiently all who are applying for grants must adhere to the following procedures:
- Every proposal whether it requires a signature or not must be reviewed and approved by ORSP before submittal
- Proposals must be submitted to ORSP ten business days prior to the deadline of the funding source for review, approval and submission
- Proposals must be complete with budget and budget justification in order to allow sufficient time for adequate review and submission
- Proposals being submitted electronically must be received with all information uploaded as electronic files for review which will then be submitted by this office via electronic portal. Files must be converted to PDF if necessary.
- Proposal Certification and Conflict of Interest forms must accompany proposals at time of submission to the ORSP (forms are located in the ORSP office)
Remember the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is here to assist you, both in preparing and submitting proposals. Making sure a sound proposal is submitted takes time and teamwork on the part of the Principal Investigator and the office of ORSP.