The mission of the Counseling Center is to provide opportunities for students to define and actualize their potential toward personal, educational, and career goals through individualized, evidence-based, and culturally sensitive counseling services.
- Deliver professional counseling services to students who are experiencing psychological and emotional distress so that they remain on track for their academic goals.
- Assist students who are on academic probation to learn effective strategies for regaining good academic standing.
- Offer preventive programs, outreach activities, and psychoeducational workshops that promote psychological wellness and enhance the student experience.
- Support the campus community by providing effective crisis response and consultation to faculty and staff.
- Foster student success and transition into York College through Student Development courses.
Confidentiality is a central value at the Counseling Center. As in any other health care facility, all of your counseling records are considered private and confidential and are protected by law. However, there are certain circumstances in which confidentiality may not be protected, such as when a student is a danger to self or others or when a child or elder abuse is suspected.
We are Here to Help
We provide free, confidential psychological and educational counseling for a range of concerns that are barriers to students' educational success.
Common Counseling Issues
Students come to the Counseling Center for a variety of concerns. Some include academic problems, relationship issues, family problems, or difficulties adjusting to college life.
How to Make an Appointment
It's easy! Just walk in or call during our business hours.
How to Contact Us
Academic Core Building, Room 1G03
The counseling services at York College are FREE for eligible students.
SP '19 Center Hours
|Monday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 5 pm|