Committee on Academic Policy and Standards
For Readmission or Appeal of Dismissal to York College, you are going to need to complete a series of steps required by the Committee on Academic Policy and Standards. Please follow the detailed instructions below. It is important that you complete the entire petition as well as submit all required documentation onto the secure portal. Your petition will not be reviewed if any steps are omitted onto the Portal.
- Please download and fill out the readmission petition completely. You can download the form by clicking on the red hyperlink titled Readmission Form which can be seen at the bottom of this web page.
- All students seeking readmission must submit a typed personal statement and supporting documentation that explains: a) the reasons for your past academic difficulties, b) plans for improved academic performance if readmitted, c) any activities you have engaged in that would indicate a probability for future academic success. Please include a plan on how you will be successful if allowed readmission to York College.
- Navigate to the yellow secure form upload tab on the left side of the OSAS website. Upload your completed (every line must be filled out) readmission/appeal of dismissal petition, typed personal statement as well as any supporting documentation onto the secure portal.
In order to submit documents onto the secure portal, please use your York College email and York College email password. If you do not have access to your York College credentials, you can create a temporary password and username by clicking on the blue hyperlink titled “Need an account? Sign up here” within the secure portal.
- Please do not send any petitions, personal statements, or supporting documentation to the department email.
- All readmission, typed personal statement as well as any supporting documentation for the Fall 2020 semester must be uploaded onto the secure portal before 01 -07-2021.