Next CAPS Committee Meeting: March 2, 2023
Readmission petitions for Spring 2023 are no longer being accepted.
All incoming Readmission petitions will be reviewed for the Fall 2023 semester.
General Readmission Information
- If you wish to petition Readmission at York College, you are going to need to complete a series of steps required by the Committee on Academic Policy and Standards (CAPS).
- Please follow the detailed instructions below. It is important that you complete the entire petition as well as submit all required documentation to the OSAS Secure Portal.
- Your petition will not be reviewed if any steps are omitted when submitted to the secure portal.
- NO petitions will be accepted via email. All petitions must be submitted to the secure portal in order to be reviewed by the CAPS Committee
- If you are petitioning for Readmission, please download and fill out the petition completely. [You can download the form by clicking on the green hyperlink below titled "Readmission Petition".]
- All students seeking Readmission must submit a typed personal statement. The typed personal statement explains the reasons for your past academic difficulties, plans for improved academic performance if readmitted, and any activities you have engaged in that would indicate a probability for future academic success.
- Students also must submit documentation to support their claim in their personal statements. Documentation may include but is not limited to; medical documents, marriage licenses, death certificates, birth certificates, COVID-19 test results, court documents, police reports, etc.
- Navigate to the yellow "secure form upload" tab on the left side of the OSAS webpage to access the OSAS Secure Portal. Upload your completed Readmission petition, typed personal statement, photo ID, and any supporting documentation onto the secure portal
- Please do not send any petitions, personal statements, or supporting documentation to the department email. (It will not be reviewed)
- To submit documents onto the secure portal, use your York College email and York College email password.
- If you do not have access to your York College credentials, you can create a temporary account by clicking on the "Register" button within the secure portal
- If you are having trouble creating or logging into your account, please contact the York College help desk at email@example.com