The mission of the Office of Institutional Advancement is to support the teaching, research, and community service of York College by strategically aligning with individuals, corporations, and foundations that possess similar values and aspirations and are inclined to give their resources.
- Maximize private sector support for York College.
- Create and enhance opportunities for alumni engagement in support of the college.
- Preserve and enhance the real purchasing power of contributions.
- Provide the college with a stable and growing source of income.
Institutional Advancement recognizes the critical importance of philanthropic contributions to the continued existence of the College. Institutional Advancement further recognizes the responsibility to ensure that gifts from external sources:
- Are appropriate to the mission of the College;
- Do not carry restrictions or conditions that may compromise the College;
- Are legal;
- Are from donors whose intent are charitable; and
- Are administered to protect donor’s rights and wishes.
Institutional Advancement adheres to the code of ethics and professional standards approved by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), the National Planned Giving Council (NPGC) and the Donor Bill of Rights.
Office of Institutional Advancement
Main (718) 262-3810
Christina Roberts, LMSW
Donor Relations Manager
Confidential Executive Assistant
Shereitte C. Stokes III, ACFRE
Vice President of Institutional Advancement & Executive Director of the York College Foundation
(718) 262- 5191