Using the Test tool
Tutorials about using the Blackboard Test tool as Individual Learning Activity
If this is the first time creating a test, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Create a Course Menu link
In creating a Course Menu link, students can easily see where their tests are located.
- On your Course Menu section, in the action bar, click on the plus "+" icon then choose “Content Area”.
- Type in a name “Tests” or "Exams" if you have more than one test.
- Check the box "Available to Users" and click "Submit". The menu link will be located on the bottom of the Course Menu.
- If you don’t like where the link is located, use the double arrow icon in the action bar to reorder the link as you see fit.
- If you have not done so already, in your posted Course Schedule, make sure to let your students know where they need to go to complete the tests.
Step 2: Create a Blackboard Test
Follow the 3 audio tutorials below to create a Blackboard test for the first time:
For more detailed steps on creating different types of test questions, go to CUNY’s Blackboard Faculty User Guides page.
Already created a Blackboard Test?
Go to our Mini Standalone Workflows and Tutorials to learn more about using the Blackboard Test tool
What if I want to manually add my test grades to the Grade Center?
Follow the Non-Blackboard Assignment tutorial.