Office of the Bursar

94-20 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard
Room AC 1H01
Jamaica, NY 11451



Students are responsible to Drop Courses Before the First Day of Classes to Avoid a Tuition Liability.


Bursar Frequently Asked Questions

How can I settle my bill?

The Bursar’s Office accepts cash, checks, money orders and certified checks for registration payments. 

Checks must be made payable to “York College” and include the current date. The Bursar’s Office will provide a receipt for the amount paid. Do not remit cash through the mail or the drop box located in the Public Safety and Security Office. Students whose checks are either returned or rejected by the bank will be subject to a $20.00 reprocessing fee and will be required to make all subsequent payments by cash or certified checks.

Credit cards are not accepted at the Bursar’s Office service window.

Effective March 13, 2016, all Credit and Debit Card transactions will be processed via the University's Payment Plan. The Payment Plan provides students and their families the option of paying their tuition and fees over a period of up to six months. This flexibility enables everyone to reduce the burden of paying all tuition and fees prior to the start of the academic term. This deferred payment plan continues to be an interest-free benefit for students and their families.

Effective with the Summer 2016 semester, the Enrollment Fee for the payment plan will be $95 per term. For students and their families who opt for direct withdrawals from their bank accounts, a discount will be provided which will lower the Enrollment Fee to $40 per term.

The eCheck payment option through CUNYfirst Self-Service remains an alternative payment option that is cost effective since it does not require an Enrollment Fee.

back to top

What if I cannot pay my entire balance at once?

The City University of New York has contracted with NELNET, an outside agency that administers tuition payment plans for students.

By applying early, payments can be spread over five months, beginning in July for the fall semester and beginning in December for the spring semester. Tuition payment plans are also available during the summer session.   

Please see the tutorial on payment plan below:

back to top

What if my bill is covered by financial aid?

Students receiving Financial Aid that satisfies all outstanding registration charges for the semester will have a positive service indicator placed on their accounts and classes will not be deregistered.

*If you do not plan to attend the semester, you must either drop all courses by logging onto CUNYfirst or visiting the Office of the Registrar, in Room AC-1H06, before the first day of classes to avoid incurring a tuition liability.*   

back to top

What happens if I fail to settle my registration bill by the due date?

Courses may be deregistered if payment is not received by the due date. 

*If you do not plan to attend the semester, you must either drop all courses by logging onto CUNYfirst or visiting the Office of the Registrar, in Room AC-1H06, before the first day of classes to avoid incurring a tuition liability.*  

back to top

What happens if I joined payment plan and my financial aid is approved after?

Once your financial aid is approved and your awards appear on CUNYFIRST, you must contact NELNET to have your payment plan either modified or canceled.

back to top

If I owe money for a previous semester, will my account be blocked?

Students that have outstanding balances will have a negative service indicator placed on their account. What is a negative service indicator? A negative service indicator will prevent a student from registering for classes or receiving any additional services from any department within the institution. 

back to top

I am filing my taxes and need proof that I paid for school. When will I receive my 1098T form?

All students that are entitled to a 1098T form will receive one. Forms are mailed directly from The City University of New York to the mailing address listed on file.  The forms will be sent no later than January 31st.  If you have not received your 1098T form by February 15th, contact the Bursar’s Office for assistance at either 718-262-2165 or 718-262-2185.  In addition, students may view and print their 1098T forms online via the self-service page.

Self Service >> Campus Finances >> View 1098T

General information regarding the 1098T form may also be found at

back to top