Transfer Admission to York College is based on the strength of your post-secondary record(s). Your high school/secondary school record will be considered if you have completed fewer than 30 college credits.
Transfer students seeking admission are invited to apply online at www.cuny.edu/prepare. A complete application will consist of the following:
- $70 application fee (check or money order)
- Transfer to the SEEK Program is only possible for students who participated in SEEK, College Discovery, EOP or HEOP at a prior institution.
- Official transcripts from each college or post-secondary institution attended.
- Applicants educated outside the United States may opt to have their transcripts evaluated by the University Application Processing Center of CUNY or to have them evaluated by one of the evaluation services listed below:
- If you have completed less than one year of full-time university-level studies, we need the following:
- Secondary school record: an official course-by-course evaluation report which includes a GPA based on all secondary school course work and any external examination certificates earned.
- University record: an official course-by-course evaluation report which includes a GPA based on all university course work.
- If you have completed more than one year of full-time university-level studies, we need the following:
- Secondary school record: Proof of secondary school graduation and an official document-by-document evaluation report.
- Be sure to request that the evaluation service includes certified copies of all documentation used for the evaluation. We will only accept evaluations that are sent directly from the evaluation service to UAPC.
- UAPC will make the final decision regarding evaluations and admission recommendations.
Please send required documents to the University Application Processing Center [UAPC]:
P.O. Box 359023
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by priority deadline date of February 1st for Fall semester. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply by priority deadline date of September 15th for Spring semester.**The priority deadline of September 15th for the Spring has passed, however, York College will continue to review applications on a space-available basis until further notice. It is in your best interest to get your application in as soon as possible.
All applications received after the priority deadline date will be considered on a space-available basis.
NOTE: Admission Decision Notification Please note that we send out admission decisions by regular mail and email. All York admissions decisions are sent via email from Admissions@york.cuny.edu under the subject line “Your Admission Decision from York”. Check your email on a regular basis. If you add this email address to your safe list, your decision will not end up in your junk or spam folder. However, given variations in online security, we recommend that you check both your inbox and junk mail folders just to be sure. Your admission decision will be released to the email address you provided on your application. Keep in mind that only some decisions will be posted on your My Cardinal Page.
Students who already hold a baccalaureate degree from an institution, and who wish to pursue a second degree, must apply to York as transfer students.
If accepted, a second-degree student must complete a minimum of 40 credits at York College, in addition to the General Education Requirements. Applicants from regionally accredited senior colleges are exempt from all skills tests and General Education Requirements.
At least 75% of the course requirements of the major program of the second degree must be completed at York.