Accelerate, Complete, Engage (ACE)
We are committed to your academic success and making college more affordable for you!
As a York ACE student, you’ll receive:
- A dedicated ACE advisor to guide your progress from entry to graduation
- Enhanced career development and academic support services
- Early course registration options
- A tuition waiver for any gap between tuition and your financial aid award (for students in receipt of financial aid
- A Free Unlimited MetroCard of MC
- Textbook assistance to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of the textbook
- Winter/Summer Course Scholarships
You may be eligible for ACE if you answer YES to the following questions:
- Have you applied and been accepted to York College?
- Are you an incoming freshman or transfer student with an associate degree from any institution (CUNY or other)?
- Are you a New York State resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition?
- Have you completed the FAFSA using York College Code
004759and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application (TAP) using college code
York ACE students must submit the FAFSA and TAP application each year and accept any federal and state grant aid awarded (PELL, TAP, SEOG). Students not receiving financial aid due to immigration status may join ASAP but not receive a tuition gap scholarship.
Students under the New York Dream Act may be eligible to receive state aid, including TAP, Excelsior, and other state-administered scholarships. Visit the DREAM Act website for eligibility and to apply.
Note: Students cannot participate in ACE and SEEK. New transfer students who are confirmed to participate in SEEK are not eligible to apply to ACE.
- Maintain full-time status by enrolling in at least 15 credits each semester
- Enroll in summer or winter courses if 30 credits are not earned by the end of each academic year.
- Meet regularly with your ACE academic advisor and attend any required ACE activities
- Participate in career development opportunities each academic year
- Commit to graduating within four years and adhere to course schedules and degree maps outlined by your advisor
- Re-apply for financial aid each year (FAFSA and TAP), and accept any federal and state
grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP)*
*Reminder: Students under the New York Dream Act may be eligible to receive state aid, including TAP, Excelsior, and other state-administered scholarships. Visit the DREAM Act Website for eligibility and to apply.
- A free MetroCard monthly (up to $1,016 per year)
- Textbook Assistance (up to $500 per year)
- A personal Advisor and Career Specialist
- A Tuition Gap Waiver (for students in receipt of Pell/TAP)