To apply, you will need:
- A separate application and acceptance to the City University of New York (CUNY).
- Students who do not currently attend York College must also complete and provide proof of completion of the CUNY Undergraduate Transfer Application for Admission to York College. Visit www.cuny.edu/undergraduate for information or to apply online.
- OT program admissions application (see Application and Process section under "OT Admissions").
- Completion of a minimum of 60 college credits (including prerequisites for the Occupational Therapy Program). A minimum grade of C is required to transfer credits from non-CUNY colleges. Occupational Therapy prerequisite courses taken more than 10 years ago, at the time of application, must be repeated.
- Occupational Therapy prerequisite courses and York College General Education Requirements must be completed prior to enrollment in the program.
- Students must complete all outstanding prerequisite courses by the end of spring semester prior to admission. In the spring semester, students can be registered for no more than two Occupational Therapy prerequisites, with no more than one course being a Natural Science course. A minimum grade of C is required in all prerequisite courses.
- Individuals with a Bachelor's Degree are exempt from General Education Requirements.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.9 (weighted grade point average from all colleges attended). GPA calculator
- Up to date Resume.
- Completion of 50 hours of volunteer work in an Occupational Therapy setting (must use Volunteer Form provided in the admissions application packet). The form must be submitted with the admissions application packet by the deadline given.
- Applications submitted by mail must be postmarked no later than the deadline.
- Official transcripts in hard copy from ALL colleges attended must be submitted with your OT admissions application. If your official transcript(s) are not submitted with the OT admissions application by the deadline, you must provide a receipt of the transcript request. Date of receipt has to show transcript request was made prior to the deadline. Envelopes holding transcripts must be sealed, opened envelopes will not be accepted.
- Current York students must print out unofficial transcripts from CUNYfirst and include it in the application packet.
- Transcripts and OT admissions application must be mailed to:
Department of Occupational Therapy
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd, Room AC-1E12
Jamaica, New York 11451
- No GRE required.
- There isn't a fee for the Occupational Therapy admissions application. You can download the OT application when OT admission is open by going to "OT Admissions" in "Application and Procedure".
- At the moment we do not offer advanced standing in the program regardless of qualifications or experience of the applicant. All candidates must complete the entire course of study.
- Students who are interested in the program must meet the requirements for admission to York College and additional eligibility requirements for admission to the Occupational Therapy Program.
- Admission to the Occupational Therapy Program is highly competitive and the numbers of seats are limited each year.
- Applicants can apply up to two times for admission to the BS/MS Occupational Program. No subsequent applications will be considered. Students applying for the second time are required to submit a complete application packet, containing all required documents and transcripts.
- Clinical education sites may also require fingerprinting. Students are responsible for any incurring expenses.
- The Occupational Therapy program is a full time/day program which may require classes scheduled for early morning or late evening (class schedules are preset). We do not offer night, weekend, winter nor summer classes.
- Applicants are not considered accepted into the program until they receive a letter of acceptance from the Program Director and or Chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy.
- We do not accept documents for the OT admissions application through fax or email. All applications must be postmarked no later than the deadline. Hand delivery preferred.
- Students having earned over 120 credits will be charged graduate rates of tuition. For Financial and College Costs information please contact the Financial Aid Department by phone: 718-262-2230; on-site AC-1M08; on the web: https://www.york.cuny.edu/administrative/finaid