NBCOT Pass Rate
NBCOT Pass Rates for the Occupational Therapy BS/MS Program at York College.
*Program results from the https://www.nbcot.org/educators-folder/schoolperformance
NG Examination Data
National NG Total Testing
National NG Passing (%)
Your Program NG Testing
Your Program NG Passing (%)
*NG= Candidates testing within one year of graduation, regardless of the number of attempts on the examination.
- The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) administers a national certification examination to all students graduating from an accredited Occupational Therapy curriculum and maintains a roster of all certified occupational therapists.
- Students must register for this examination directly with the testing agency, and pay all required fees. To be eligible to sit for the examination, all academic and clinical work must be successfully completed.
- The examination is given “on demand” at designated computerized testing sites. Students will receive specifics about the exam application process as they near graduation while completing the course OT 644 Advanced OT Theory & Practice.
- Passing the NBCOT certification exam is different from applying for state licensure. Sending a score report to a state regulatory board does not automatically initiate the process to obtain a license or permit to work in that state. Certification by NBCOT is independent, different, and separate from any state or jurisdiction's law/licensure.
- All jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, have some form of regulation of occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants. Before you begin practicing in any state or comparable jurisdiction, you must meet all the requirements of that jurisdiction. To practice without a license or permit is against the law.
- A felony conviction may affect a graduate’s ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure. All students who are not certain if they can sit for the exam should go to the website: www.NBCOT.org One Bank Street, Suite 300, Gaithersburg M.D. 20878; Phone: (301) 990-7979; email: info@NBCOT.org
- For additional information regarding NYS licensure/practice please visit the NYS Office of Professions website: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/ot/