Quizzes or Exams FAQs
Use Firefox or Chrome browser. Other browsers may have problems.
How do I take a quiz/exam
- Go to the course page where the quiz/exam is posted.
- Click the quiz/exam link.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click the Begin button to start working on your quiz/exam. Depending on how your professor sets up the quiz/exam, you may see all questions displayed on one page or one question at a time.
- If the quiz/exam is timed, you will see a moving bar on the top indicating the time left.
- Blackboard will save your answer automatically when you move to the next question.
- After completing all questions, click Submit button.
What should I do if I got disconnected in the middle of my quiz/exam?
It depends on how your professor sets up the quiz or exam. If it is set to “Force Completion,” the test must be completed in one sitting, and you cannot go back to continue if you are disconnect, click somewhere else in the course, or logged out of Blackboard. In this case, you should contact the professor right away to report the issue and to see if the professor can give you another chance. If the test is not set to “Force Completion,” you should get back in immediately to continue your quiz, or exam. In this case, the timer will not re-start but continue.