- Center for Students with Disabilities
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451
Center for Students with Disabilities
The mission of the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD) is to achieve the full participation and integration of all students with disabilities at York College by ensuring equal access to programs, activities, and services. CSD facilitates a fulfilling college experience for students with disabilities through education, accommodations, awareness, collaboration, empowerment, and advocacy.
- Ensure quality service and delivery of reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities in compliance with federal and/or state mandates and current best practices.
- Facilitate students with disabilities' personal development and academic success by encouraging campus community connectedness and involvement in York’s programs and activities thereby increasing student persistence, retention, and graduation rates.
- Provide education and consultation to the campus community about disability issues highlighting awareness, acceptance, sensitivity, and accessibility for students, faculty, staff, and visitors at York College.
- Promote inclusive and accessible programs, services, activities, technology and facilities by positively communicating and influencing decision-making and practices to eliminate barriers that students with disabilities experience.
- Commit to assessment practices that effectively evaluate programs and services offered to students with disabilities.
Visitors with Disabilities
If you are not a student of York College but require accommodations to visit the campus, please contact 718-262-2141 at least 2 days before your visit for accommodations.