Official transcripts bear the Registrar's signature and seal. Official transcripts are sent directly to other colleges and employers (In some special circumstances when you submit supporting documentation from the requesting Institute, an official transcript will be provided to you in a sealed envelope, in hand, or mailed to your home address in a sealed envelope to be opened by the intended recipient).
Unofficial transcripts (student copies) are also available upon request for your personal records. Your transcript is also available for view or screen print via CUNYfirst.
York College will not provide copies of another institution's transcript that is in our possession, whether or not it is part of your academic record. The only exception to this policy is for a student's request for a previously attended international institution, which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Ordering a Transcript
- Transcript request processed within 5 business days. Exception transcript records prior to 1975 will take up to 3 weeks.
- Requests will not be processed with financial stops on record. (ie. Bursar, Financial Aid, Library etc)
- Cost: $7.00 per transcript (plus $2.00 service fee).
- Payment Method: Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover).
- If you do not have access to the Internet, (for an additional fee) call Credentials Inc. at (800) 646-1858.
Order By Mail
- Download the Transcript Request Form.
- The Transcript Request Form is a fillable PDF document that you can type on and print out.
- Include a seven dollar ($7.00) money order per transcript, for all transcript requests to non-CUNY institutions. (No personal checks will be accepted.)
- Mail the completed Transcript Request Form with Money Order to:
Office of the Registrar
94-20 Guy Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451