Study Skills needed to success in online courses
Watch the orientation video first, then review the study skills that can help you success in an online or hybrid courses.
As online courses will be conducted 100%, and hybrid courses over 30% online, you will need these hardware and software applications:
- a computer at home.
- a broadband internet connection from home.
- a web browser such as FireFox, Chrome in the latest version. You can download them for free: FireFox, Chrome.
- a CUNYfirst/Blackboard account. You can activate your CUNYfirst account.
- a York College email also called Office 365.
- a word processing software such as MS-Word, you will obtain the Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint after you log in you York email.
- other hardware or software required by your course instructor such as a headset. See your course syllabus for detailed technical requirements for your course.