Accounts Payable is responsible for processing payments to vendors, faculty, staff, and students in a timely manner in accordance with guidelines that govern the college and its related entities.
- Payment for goods and services that College employees and students procure through purchase orders and other means.
- Ensure compliance with applicable University policies and government regulations.
- Maintain records of paid transactions for internal and external auditors.
Important Forms and Documents
Processes and Procedures
Before any vendors can do business with the College, they first need to be registered as a vendor through our Vendor Management Unit. Successfully registered vendors will be able to manage their accounts through the Statewide Financial System Vendor Self Service Portal. This will enable each vendor to manage their information, receive important updates, and view payment information. More information can be found at www.sfs.ny.gov
All invoices must be processed through accounts payable and should be sent to APinvoices@york.cuny.edu
In order for Accounts Payable to be able to process an invoice, the following must be in place:
- A Valid Purchase Order (Issued by the Purchasing Office)
- The original invoice from the vendor (sent to APinvoices@york.cuny.edu)
- CUNYfirst receipt with signed invoice/packing slip attached (please note special considerations in place due to COVID 19)
A CUNYfirst receipt should be entered within five business days of receiving the items or services as per detailed on the purchase order. Instructions for entering a receipt, and video on how to do this, can be found on the CUNY website.
There are certain items that require an Inspection of Merchandise. These areas include the following:
- Technology - IT
- Hazardous Material - Environmental Health & Safety
- Furniture - Facilities & Space Planning