Online and Hybrid Classes
Faculty Development Program for Online/Hybrid Instruction
Year-long faculty development programs for online/hybrid instruction are offered starting in summer. It consists of the following components.
- In March or April a request for proposals will be sent out to all faculty, full- and part-time.
- In early June there will be a two-week intensive workshop where participating faculty will gain basic understanding of online/hybrid instruction, and start to design and develop online/hybrid classes.
- In summer and/or fall faculty will develop their online/hybrid classes under the guidance of the assigned mentors.
- In the second week of November all newly designed and developed online/hybrid classes by participating faculty will be reviewed by peers, mentors and the CTLET staff.
- In the next spring faculty will pilot their online/hybrid courses.
- Students will be asked to participate in a midterm survey and a survey at the end of the semester. Both will be used as formative feedback for the instructor. Faculty will also receive a 30-minute mid-semester formative evaluation from their mentors.
- By the end of the spring semester faculty will submit the student survey results along with a reflection on their course pilot experience to CTLET.
2018 Faculty Development Program for Online/Hybrid Instruction is open for application. Download the Program Description and Application, fill it and return it by 04/25/2018 to:
Dr. Wenying Huang-Stolte
Accepted participants will be notified by 04/30/2018.
- Smale,M.A., Regalado,M., Amaral, J. (2018,May 17). Online Learning within-person technologies. [PDF file] Retrieved from https://ushep.commons.gc.cuny.edu/wp-content/blogs.dir/251/files/2018/05/OnlineLearningInPersonTech-5.17.18.pdf
Check out our online/hybrid course information for students website.