Study Skills needed for success in online or hybrid courses
As online courses will be conducted 100%, and hybrid courses over 30% online, you will need these hardware and software applications:
- a computer at home.
- a broadband internet connection from home.
- a web browser such as FireFox, Chrome in the latest version. You can download them for free: FireFox, Chrome.
- a CUNYfirst/Blackboard account. You can activate your CUNYfirst account.
- a York College email also called Office 365.
- a word processing software such as MS-Word, LibreOffice which includes a word processing application. The files created by LibreOffice can be saved as a Word file.
- other hardware or software required by your course instructor such as a headset, a spreadsheet application (e.g. MS-Excel). See your course syllabus for detailed technical requirements for your course.