Eligibility and Benefits
The Status of The SEEK Student
Students accepted into the SEEK Program become full-time matriculated students of the college, pursuing courses leading to the baccalaureate degree in all major programs of the college including pre-medical, pre-law and pre-engineering.
SEEK students add a positive dimension to York College through academic excellence, involvement in student organizations and college governance committees. Many have graduated with academic honors.
Who is Eligible?
Prospective students must meet the following criteria for admission into the SEEK Program:
- Have a high school diploma and less than a 80 high school average or a New York State high school equivalency diploma or its equivalent from other states. (A limited number with averages above 80 may be permitted into the program. )
- Have resided in New York State for at least one (1) year prior to application.
- Are citizens of the United States, or have permanent resident status.
- Have not previously attended an institution of post-secondary education, except in the case of veterans who are permitted up to 18 credits earned during or prior to their tour of duty in the armed forces.
- Have a gross family income in the qualifying range. (See below)
Economic Eligibility Screening
2017-2018 Academic Year
|Number of Household Members||Total Annual Household Income|
- Unlimited free tutoring.
- Supplemental instruction in “killer” courses.
- Access to expert professional counselors.
- Modern computer lab.
- Availability of experienced counselors.
- Recognition of academic and personal achievements.
- Support from motivated, caring peers.
- Involvement in SEEK student society service projects.
- Book stipend each semester.
- Up to three summer sessions-books, tuition, and stipend.
- Two additional semesters of TAP.