- Hour of Code at York
- The Chem and Pharm Sci Club is hosting an exciting event called the "Hour of Code" where you will learn how to write your own apps for your phone.
- What Natural Science Seminar Series Chemistry Biology Mathematics and Computer Studies Sociology Business and Economics student student featured
- When Dec 05, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where AC-4M05
- Contact Name Yolanda Small
- Contact Phone 718-262-2592
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
- Are you working with large data sets or analyzing gigabytes of data?
- Wouldn't it be easier to manage, if you knew how to write a quick computer program to do exactly what you want?
Writing computer programs is a necessary skill that everyone should have and this workshop will teach you how to get started.
Join us for food and coding on
Food will be served!
About Hour of Code
Computers are everywhere, changing every industry on the planet. But fewer than half of all schools teach computer science. Good news is, we’re on our way to change this! If you've heard about the Hour of Code before, you might know it made history. More than 100 million students have tried an Hour of Code.
With the Hour of Code, computer science has been on homepages of Google, MSN, Yahoo!, and Disney. Over 100 partners have joined together to support this movement. Every Apple Store in the world has hosted an Hour of Code, and leaders like President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau wrote their first lines of code as part of the campaign.
This year, let's make it even bigger. I’m asking you to join the Hour of Code 2017. Please get involved with an Hour of Code event during Computer Science Education Week, December 4-10.
Get the word out. Host an event. Ask a local school to sign up. Or try the Hour of Code yourself—everyone can benefit from learning the basics.
Get started at http://hourofcode.com/us