Physician Assistant (MSPAS)
York College Physician Assistant Program is currently a Master’s Program (MSPAS).
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the York College, CUNY Physician Assistant Program sponsored by the York College, CUNY. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards. Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be March 2028. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website.
For course description review Only please email the course description to
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 8 Science Prerequisite Courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (when calculating all repeats are averaged in)
- 1 year of General Biology W/Lab - (2) Science Prerequisites
- 1 year of General Chemistry W/Lab - (2) Science Prerequisites
- 1 semester of Biochemistry - (1) Science Prerequisite (no lab required)
- 1 year of Human Anatomy and Physiology W/Lab - (2) Science Prerequisites
- 1 semester of Microbiology- Clinical Micro Preferred - (1) Science Prerequisite (no lab required)
- 1 semester of Statistics
- 1 year of behavioral sciences
- Must include 1 semester of Psychology
- The other semester could be Psychology, Sociology, or Anthropology
- This program no longer requires the GRE exam
- 500 hours of documented healthcare experience (volunteer or paid)
- Submitting an application to CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants)
- Supporting documents
- Personal statement
- Healthcare experience verification letter
- 3 references
- Current resume
- Personal Interview
- The application deadline is December 1st, 11:59 pm *To ensure an application is verified on time, the application should be completed at least four weeks before the deadline*
- Applying to CUNY
- 1 semester of Organic chemistry (may be required as a prerequisite for Biochemistry)
- A Statistics course taken more than 8 years ago will not be accepted and must be repeated.
- The Human Anatomy & Physiology courses must have been taken within the previous 5 years. Science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology) taken more than 8 years ago will not be accepted. As an alternative to repeating the General Biology Or General Chemistry courses, applicants may demonstrate adequate content knowledge by successful completion of the CLEP (College Level Equivalency Placement) Exam.
In the past, all admissions reviews and calculations have been done by the faculty and staff of the program. As a master’s program, we will be participating in CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants) which will handle the collection of documents and GPA calculation. CASPA allows students to apply to multiple PA programs with a single submission of documents. Selected students are invited for an interview and all components of the application are scored.