Making a past discussion forum viewable only
When you set up your discussion forum with a "Display Until" date restriction, students will not see their discussion posts after the date. If you want them to see their previous posts without creating new posts, follow these steps:
- Go to Discussion Board and make sure you set the Edit Mode to "ON" which is located on the right side of the page.
- Choose a forum you wish to make the post viewable.
- Hover to the forum name, click on the action button on the right and click "Edit."
- Unchecked the "Display Until" date restriction and set the availability to "Yes."
- Hover to the forum name, click on the action button and click "Manage."
- Select all students and hover to the "Edit Role" button. Set the students' roles to "Reader."
- Click "OK" to return to the Discussion Board.
Great! You changed your student's roles to "Reader." Now students would see their posts in the forum without creating a new post.