Students wishing to participate in the Spring 2022 commencement exercises but did not complete their degree requirements by the end of the Spring 2022 term must petition the Committee of Commencement Appeals.
Students eligible to petition the Committee of Commencement Appeals must:
- Have cumulative, major, and minor GPA (Grade Point Average) at the level required for their degree program(s). Note that most undergraduate majors and minors require a 2.25 GPA.
- Have no more than 4 (four) failing grades (F [Failed], FIN [Incomplete changed to F], or WU [Withdrew Unofficially]) in the last two semesters.
- Need 6 (six) credits or 2 (two courses) or fewer to complete their degree requirements. * In the event the student is planning to do an internship during the summer, and the course has not opened by the application deadline, a letter from the department chair is mandatory.
- Register and clear tuition for the remaining course degree requirements in the Summer I or Summer I extended sessions:
- Students planning to take a course(s) at another CUNY institution must apply for an ePermit, be approved by the York College Office of the Registrar, and have cleared tuition for the course on their CUNYfirst account on or before April 20, 2022.
- Students planning to take a course(s) at a non-CUNY institution must complete an Application for Permit to Attend Non-CUNY Institution form. The application can be retrieved online. A completed application with proof of payment from the host non-CUNY Institution must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar on or before April 20, 2022. *Courses taken on permit must have direct equivalency to a York College course and fulfill a specific degree requirement. Only students in good academic standing will be eligible to apply.
- Apply online for graduation through your CUNYfirst Student Center (if you have not done so already).
Once an eligible student's summer registration and graduation application status are verified, the student will receive an email notifying them of the outcome of their appeal by April 25. Should the appeal be successful, the student should consult the Commencement website for information/next steps for ceremony participation (for example: deadlines, purchasing regalia, and late fees).
The form is available starting April 4th to April 20th