Volunteering offers students the opportunity to apply their classroom learning beyond the campus to practical areas such as social services, healthcare, and education.
It is imperative that before you apply, to any of the Internships, please have a Career Counselor at Career Services look at your resume. Also if you receive an internship let us know.
Why Volunteer (or intern)
Volunteering & interning are absolutes for employers. You are competing for jobs with many thousands of qualified workers. How can you get experience if no one will hire you first?
Advantages of volunteering / interning:
• Transfer: Apply your academic knowledge into industry know-how
• Sharpen: Master technical savvy & strategies; Develop innate gifts
• Acquire: Learn soft skills (interpersonal skills, professional etiquette); Gain new knowledge
• General: Ascertain that you are in a desirable career path
• Credit / salary / stipend / experience
• Professional networking (the more challenging the economy, the greater the value of your connections!)