The Office of Planning and Budget at York College-CUNY supports the overall mission of York College by understanding and serving the needs of the College’s schools, students, faculty, staff, alumni and the broader local communities. We develop, coordinate, review and optimize all college-wide financial plans to ensure the accurate and timely distribution of information in accordance with established University and College policies and procedures. Through collaboration with offices within the College and the University, we provide leadership to the campus community in financial management, stewardship and risk management.
Presently, on this site, you will find the following information
- Information for running queries in the CUNYfirst system for obtaining both budget and expenditure information on your department or program
- Chatfield tables
- Budget transfer form (Online)
- Budget transfer form (PDF)
- FY16 Certificate Schedule
- Authorization to Fill a Vacancy
- Budget Submission Process
- Budget Submission Template
- FY2017 Senior College Allocation Calendar
- FY2017-2018 University Budget Office Allocation Schedule
- Other information as it becomes available
Our Mission is to:
- Provide customers with a framework for estimating the cost of day-to-day operations and new initiatives.
- Maintain a spending and revenue plan that supplies appropriate resources for the academic and operational goals of the University while providing flexibility for new needs and changes in external conditions.
- Report actual results during the year, assign specific accountability for each target, and re-forecast actual results on a periodic basis.
- Assist Vice President's and Director's in evaluating original budget plans, alternative scenarios, and quantify these results in standard budget formats.
- Seek efficiencies in operations and opportunities for resource enhancement.
- Monitor actual results on a regular basis and update forecasts accordingly. Present and quantify various scenarios for response to variance from budget.