The Office of Planning and Budget at York College, CUNY, reviews all financial and budgetary transactions in an effort to ensure that accurate and timely information is distributed and is in accordance with established College policies and procedures. We provide leadership to the campus community in financial management and stewardship in accordance with College policies and procedures that support high performance and excellent service.
We achieve our mission by conducting audits (Business office) of College business transactions, developing and maintaining budgetary procedures (Budget office), by managing College purchasing, contracts and property (Purchasing, Contracts & Property Management office) and by safeguarding the assets of the College (Bursar) in compliance with the policies of York College and the CUNY system.
Presently, on this site, you will find the following information
- Budget Office staff contact information
- Information for running queries in the CUNYfirst system for obtaining both budget and expenditure information on your department or program
- Chatfield tables
- Budget transfer form (Online)
- Budget transfer form (PDF)
- FY16 Certificate Schedule
- Authorization to Fill a Vacancy
- 2017 Budget Submission Process
- 2017 Budget Submission Template
- FY2017 Senior College Allocation Calendar
- Other information as it becomes available
Our Mission is to:
- Provide customers with a framework for estimating the cost of day-to-day operations and new initiatives.
- Maintain a spending and revenue plan that supplies appropriate resources for the academic and operational goals of the University while providing flexibility for new needs and changes in external conditions.
- Report actual results during the year, assign specific accountability for each target, and re-forecast actual results on a periodic basis.
- Assist Vice President’s and Director’s in evaluating original budget plans, alternative scenarios, and quantify these results in standard budget formats.
- Seek efficiencies in operations and opportunities for resource enhancement.
- Monitor actual results on a regular basis and update forecasts accordingly. Present and quantify various scenarios for response to variance from budget.