Section Home

What documents should I bring?

Below is a list of the required documentation that is needed when having your taxes prepared.

What to bring

  • Required: Photo IDs of Taxpayer and Spouse
  • Required: Social Security cards of yourself, your spouse, and any dependents
  • W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, Social Security Statements, and all other forms that you, your spouse, or your dependents received for 2011
  • Real Estate Tax Receipts if you paid real estate taxes
  • Schedule of Business Expenses if you received 1099-MISC and would like to deduct some expenses
  • Daycare center name, address, & tax ID if you had child care expenses
  • Tuition Statement 1098T if you paid tuition and other education-related expense documents
  • Bank account number & routing number for direct deposit
  • All other forms related to tax
  • Tax booklets of the current year received in the mail
  • a copy of the previous year’s return if possible for the preparer's reference To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.