What documents should I bring?
Below is a list of the required documentation that is needed when having your taxes prepared.
What to bring
- Required: Photo IDs of Taxpayer and Spouse
- Required: Social Security cards of yourself, your spouse, and any dependents
- W-2, 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, Social Security Statements, and all other forms that you, your spouse, or your dependents received for 2011
- Real Estate Tax Receipts if you paid real estate taxes
- Schedule of Business Expenses if you received 1099-MISC and would like to deduct some expenses
- Daycare center name, address, & tax ID if you had child care expenses
- Tuition Statement 1098T if you paid tuition and other education-related expense documents
- Bank account number & routing number for direct deposit
- All other forms related to tax
- Tax booklets of the current year received in the mail
- a copy of the previous year’s return if possible for the preparer's reference To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.