Physician Assistant Program
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 1 year of General Biology
- 1 year of General Chemistry
- 1 semester of Biochemistry
- 1 year of Human Anatomy and Physiology
- 1 semester of Microbiology – preferably Clinical Microbiology
- 1 semester of Statistics
- 1 year of behavioral sciences to include Psychology, Sociology, or Anthropology
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – York PA Program - GRE Code 1984
- 500 hours of documentation healthcare experience (volunteer or paid)
- Application to 1) CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants) requiring personal statement, health care experience documentation, references, and a current resume 2) CUNY
- Personal Interview and Interview Exit Essay
- 1 semester of Organic chemistry (may be required as a prerequisite for Biochemistry)
- A Statistics course taken more than 10 years ago will not be accepted and must be repeated.
- The Human Anatomy & Physiology courses must have been taken within the previous 5 years. Science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology) taken more than 10 years ago will not be accepted. As an alternative to repeating the General Biology Or General Chemistry courses, applicants may demonstrate adequate content knowledge by successful completion of the CLEP (College Level Equivalency Placement) Exam.
In the past, all admissions review and calculations have been done by the faculty and staff of the program. As a master’s program, we will be participating in CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants) which will handle collection of documents, screening for minimum requirements, initial processing applications, and GPA calculation. CASPA allows students to apply to multiple PA programs with a single submission of documents. Selected students are invited for an interview and all components of the application are scored.