Physician Assistant (MSPAS)
The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website.
For further inquiries please visit the PA Master’s Program Inquiry page.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 8 Science Prerequisite Course with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 1 year of General Biology - (2) Science Prerequisites
- 1 year of General Chemistry - (2) Science Prerequisites
- 1 semester of Biochemistry - (1) Science Prerequisite
- 1 year of Human Anatomy and Physiology - (2) Science Prerequisites
- 1 semester of Microbiology – preferably Clinical Microbiology - (1) Science Prerequisite
- 1 semester of Statistics
- 1 year of behavioral sciences
- Must include 1 semester of Psychology
- The other semester could be Psychology, or Sociology, or Anthropology
- This program NO LONGER REQUIRE THE GRE EXAM
- 250 hours of documented healthcare experience until further notice (volunteer or paid)
- 100 hours of documented healthcare experience until further notice
- Submitting an application to CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants)
- Supporting documents
- Personal statement
- Health care experience verification letter
- 3 references
- Current resume
- Personal Interview
- Applying to CUNY
- 1 semester of Organic chemistry (may be required as a prerequisite for Biochemistry)
- A Statistics course taken more than 10 years ago will not be accepted and must be repeated.
- The Human Anatomy & Physiology courses must have been taken within the previous 5 years. Science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Microbiology) taken more than 10 years ago will not be accepted. As an alternative to repeating the General Biology Or General Chemistry courses, applicants may demonstrate adequate content knowledge by successful completion of the CLEP (College Level Equivalency Placement) Exam.
In the past, all admissions review and calculations have been done by the faculty and staff of the program. As a master’s program, we will be participating in CASPA (Central Application Service for Physician Assistants) which will handle collection of documents and GPA calculation. CASPA allows students to apply to multiple PA programs with a single submission of documents. Selected students are invited for an interview and all components of the application are scored.