Academic Advisement Center
- Provide student-centered advising services and support that enable students to take responsibility for their academic and career choices.
- Equip students with the tools and resources they need to: assess their interests and abilities, identify academic and career goals, confidently declare a major/minor, effectively use technology, and develop academic plans.
- Encourage students to become engaged, self-aware, and deliberate decision-makers.
- Provide advising services, training, and degree audit support for the College community.
We Help Students
- make decisions related to their academic careers at York College
- understand graduation requirements, and how they impact course selection and academic schedules
- develop an educational plan for persisting to graduation
- understand York College programs, policies, procedures and resources
- explore various majors, and where they can lead after graduation
- explore life goals, values, abilities, interests, and possible challenges
- evaluate or reevaluate progress toward established goals and educational plans
Who is Advised in the Academic Advisement Center?
- All entering freshmen.
- Transfer students who have not declared a major.
- Continuing students who have not declared a major.
Our services are delivered in one-on-one or group settings and via e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: During the summer months, the Academic Advisement Center provides some advising support to continuing and transfer students with declared majors. Non-degree seeking students can access advising services at the Academic Advisement Center, but it is not required.