Academic Advisement Center
We Help Students
- make decisions related to their academic careers at York College
- understand graduation requirements, and how they impact course selection and academic schedules
- develop an educational plan for persisting to graduation
- understand York College programs, policies, procedures and resources
- explore various majors, and where they can lead after graduation
- explore life goals, values, abilities, interests, and possible challenges
- evaluate or reevaluate progress toward established goals and educational plans
Who is Advised in the Academic Advisement Center?
- All entering freshmen.
- Transfer students who have not declared a major.
- Continuing students who have not declared a major.
Our services are delivered in one-on-one or group settings and via e-mail.
PLEASE NOTE: During the summer months, the Academic Advisement Center provides some advising support to continuing and transfer students with declared majors. Non-degree seeking students can access advising services at the Academic Advisement Center, but it is not required.
For more information about academic advising and other services provided, read the Advisement ABCs: A Quick Guide for Entering Students.