Quizzes or Exams FAQs
Use Firefox or Chrome browser. Other browsers may have problems.
How do I take a quiz/exam
- Go to the course page where the quiz/exam is posted.
- Click the quiz/exam link.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Click the Begin button to start working on your quiz/exam. Depending on how your professor sets up the quiz/exam, you may see all questions displayed on one page or one question at a time.
- If the quiz/exam is timed, you will see a moving bar on the top indicating the time left.
- Click to expand "Question Completion Status:" on top of the test screen. You will see the question numbers displayed.
- If your professor sets the test and prohibit backtracking, you cannot jump from question to the next. If your professor allows backtracking, you are able to jump to any question by clicking the question number on the top.
- Blackboard will save your answer automatically when you move to the next question.
- After completing all questions, click Submit button.
What should I do if I got disconnected in the middle of my quiz/exam?
It depends on how your professor sets up the quiz or exam. If it is set to “Force Completion,” the test must be completed in one sitting, and you cannot go back to continue if you are disconnected, click somewhere else in the course, or logged out of Blackboard. In this case, you should contact the professor right away to report the issue and to see if the professor can give you another chance. If the test is not set to “Force Completion,” you should get back in immediately to continue your quiz or exam. In this case, the timer will not re-start but continue.