Women of Excellence Leadership Workshop
- Women of Excellence Mentoring Program - We partner with successful women from various fields of study and bring them to the York College community to share their experiences with our students. We hope that these women will empower, encourage, support -and most of all - mentor young women as they assume leadership roles both in college and in society.
Women's Health Initiatives
- Women's Health Initiatives - We bring education and awareness about key health issues that affect women.
Girl Talk Series
- Girl Talk Series - This informal roundtable is a safe haven for all to express their feelings on issues that affect women. Participants can discuss topics that are relevant and currently affecting them. The discussion is open to any and all college members.
- Film Series - We present movies by and about women that highlight female empowerment in accordance with the appropriate observances for each month.
- Book Club - Books are provided free of charge and provide an opportunity to engage in intellectual pursuits outside of the classroom and to foster lively discussion on the topics covered. These books, like the films screened, are by and about women and touch upon various aspects of femininity.
- York Students Against Violence Educating Students - is an initiative for students to empower other students to create and maintain healthy relationships, take a stand toward ending sexual assault and domestic violence and to minimize the impact of such events on survivors. YorkSAVES seeks to educate students about domestic violence through peer-led educational sessions and promote and safety through the use of technology, a smartphone app, and online software.