- Building Safer Relationships and Community
- Join a five-part conversation series on Thursdays, facilitated by Safe Horizon, addressing sexual assault, domestic violence, and responding with care.
- What student student development Women Center
- When Oct 01, 2020 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- All dates Oct 01, 2020 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM Oct 08, 2020 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM Oct 15, 2020 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM Oct 22, 2020 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM Oct 29, 2020 from 12:30 PM to 01:30 PM
- Where Virtual/ Online
- Contact Name Ebonie Jackson
- Contact Phone 718-262-2008
- Add event to calendar iCal
10/01 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sexual Violence 101
An overview of sexual violence, resources, and options for students seeking support, as we also debunk common myths about sexual assault and the survivors/ perpetrators.
10/08 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Technology and Dating Violence
Space to discuss the ways abuse is perpetrated through apps and other forms of technology, and safety strategies for connecting virtually, especially during COVID-19 when so much of life is happening online.
10/15 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
This workshop unpacks cultural norms, stereotypes, and the intersection of other forms of oppression that contribute to violence, while exploring strategies for preventing violence in our communities.
10/22 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
How to help a friend
A conversation about what to do when a friend discloses sexual or domestic violence to you, how to take care of yourself, and current resources for survivors.
10/29 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Immigration & Sexual Violence: Know your Rights
A conversation about immigration and sexual, domestic and other forms of gender-based
violence, where we will explore questions about immigration status and challenges faced by
LGBTQIA+ immigrant survivors.
To attend this cross-CUNY Series, RSVP here: bit.ly/SaferRelationships_Series