All students must meet the following criteria to be admitted to the program:
- US legal resident or citizen (proven by birth certificate, passport, SSN ID card)
- Overall GPA equivalent to B (3.0). IF overall GPA is less than B, the major GPA must be B
- Student must have completed courses in his/her field of interest
- High School students must have completed the 11th grade (junior).
- High School seniors (12th grade at the time of application) must have been admitted to York College and registered for the Fall term by the start of the program.
- Applicants must provide the names and contact information for two references
- Students must indicate a preferred York College faculty mentor
After acceptance to the program, students must also comply with the following requirements:
- Follow the research plan/schedule outlined by the faculty/research mentor
- Deliver an oral presentation at a pre-designated research symposium during the summer
- Design and complete a research poster
- Submit a written report at the end of the summer research activity
- Complete program evaluations
- Adhere to all York College, local, city, state and federal laws.