- 2018 Summer Research Program
- The York Undergraduate Summer Research program is an annual event organized by York College under the direction of Dr.Fenio Annansingh-Jamieson, funded by US Department of Education.
- What student employee employee featured student featured
- When Aug 09, 2018 from 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-400)
- Where Faculty Dining Room
- Contact Name Fenio Annansingh Jamieson
- Contact Phone 718-262-5289
- Add event to calendar iCal
This program provides York undergraduate and high school students the opportunity to do research under members of the York faculty. Students will have the opportunity to investigate a broad range of research topics and present their findings to the York College community. The summer research program is a great opportunity for high school students to meet with York College faculty, and establish relationships that will help them with their current and future projects and academic goals.
Instructions for Applicants
York College of the City University of New York invites applications from qualified York students to participate in an exciting ten-week summer research program. Qualified students will join college faculty research programs, attend seminars, and participate in other exciting scholarly events. Stipends for qualified students are also available. Students participating in other summer research programs (e.g., LSAMP, MBRS, NSF) are not eligible.
Interested students should submit the applications. A faculty committee will review the applications and select the participants. The program starts on June 4th for undergraduate students and July 2nd for High School students. The program ends on August 9th, 2018.
- Undergraduate applications will be accepted until May 25, 2018
- High school applications will be accepted until May 31, 2018
- Undergraduates acceptance notifications will appear by May 31, 2018
- High School acceptance notifications will appear by June 15, 2018
York College of the City University of New York invites applications from qualified York Faculty to participate in the Summer Research Programs funded by the US Department of Education. Faculty participants will mentor participating research assistants. The York College Summer Research Program is an exciting opportunity for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students to engage in a sponsored six to eight-week summer research experience program. Qualified students will join college faculty research programs, attend seminars, and participate in other exciting scholarly events. Stipends for qualified students are available.
Interested faculty members should submit an application. A faculty committee will review the applications and select the participants.
- Mentor applications will be accepted until May 31. Mentors who wish to participate in the vetting process should register before the deadlines for undergraduate and high school students, respectively.