The York Scholar is the research track of the York Honors Program.
If accepted into the Honors Program as a Scholar you must maintain a GPA of at least 3.5.You must begin or continue to conduct research with a York College Professor within your field. This research should lead you to presenting a poster in a symposium either in a York College event or in a different event outside of the college. Eventually you must hand in a research paper on the research that you conducted. This research paper must be approved by your professor as well as our committee. Like all of the other honors students you are required to take 3 cumulative honors courses within your major. After all of these requirements are met and at the time of your graduation you have maintained a GPA of 3.5 or above, you will qualify to graduate as a York College Honors Program Scholar.
As of March 10th, 2021
The current members of York Scholar track can maintain their Honors status as a Cadet even if their GPA drop below the required GPA of 3.5. Those students can continuously accumulate their requirements of the track toward the graduation while trying to regain your GPA over 3.5.
New Incoming students must fulfill the requirement below to receive an honors degree.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 and higher
- Conduct a mentored research (at least three semesters) and defend the THESIS (see Important Forms and Deadlines on Blackboard)
- Students that cannot find research with a faculty, they must take minimum of 3 semester of 490 or higher within their major. With the faculty's approval, they must summarize the 3 semester worth of data within a Thesis.
- Three Honors courses with a B or better grade
- 50 service hours per semester
- Attend Honors Seminars
- Attend at least one academic event and at least one cultural event per month (see Event Tracking Checklist on Blackboard)