- Ollivier Ricci Curvature For Graphs
- Professor Wojciechowski, a mathematician presents Ollivier Ricci Curvature For Graphs.
- What plasmas Current Students Mathematics and Computer Studies Honors Program Honors Program Seminar
- When Feb 18, 2020 from 04:00 PM to 05:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where AC-4MO5
- Contact Name Honors Program
- Contact Phone 718-262-5279
- Add event to calendar iCal
There has been a lot of recent interest in extending the notion of Ricci curvature from Riemannian manifolds to the discrete setting of graphs. In this talk we ill describe one approach introduced by Yann Ollivier in 2007 based on optimal transport theory. We will illustrate the definition with a series of examples.
Professor Wojciechowski is a graduate of Indiana University and the Graduate Center of CUNY. Prior to working at York College, he taught at BMCC, BCC and City College and was a postdoc at the Group of Mathematical Physics of the University of Lisbon. He is interested in various properties of the heat equation on graphs, consequences of curvature bounds and the connections between manifolds and graphs.