- Ergora: Ergo-Ball Optimized Zero Emission Electricity Generation and Renewable Energy Technology
- Dr. John-Thones Amenyo from the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science presents Ergora: Ergo-Ball Optimized Zero-Emission Electricity Generation and Renewable Energy Technology.
- What Honors Program Seminar Honors Program Slider Faculty Honors Program
- When Mar 08, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM (America/New_York / UTC-500)
- Where Zoom
- Contact Name Honors Program
- Contact Phone (718)262-5279
- Web Visit external website
- Add event to calendar iCal
Ergora technology is an innovative way of using fossil fuels to generate renewable and clean energy or electric power. Several other types of abundant materials, including, waste, sand, mining tailings, can also be used as the working material. Being similar to hydro-electricity generation, Ergora power does not rely on combustion of fuels. Thus, it is emissions free with zero emission of greenhouse gases such as CO2. The working fluids are not consumed in the Ergora process. Thus, fossil fuels, including the estimated 1.6 trillion barrels of global proven oil reserves, and materials conventionally considered and economically treated as waste, can be transformed into renewable energy resources.The Ergora systems can be built and deployed anywhere, and at all scales: household to micro-grid to utility.Ergora technology facilitates decarbonization via carbon conversion from carbon capture, as an alternative to carbon storage and sequestration. It also supports electrification of all economy sectors.
Dr. Amenyo was born in the Volta Region, Ghana, W. Africa. He was educated at Mawuli Secondary School, Ghana; MIT and Columbia University. After industry experience, working for AT&T Bell Labs, Wang Laboratories, Honeywell, ANS and MCI, he is currently teaching at York College, CUNY. His passion is inventing things.